Learning Objectives 2020
Legal and Ethical Dilemmas and Challenges in Clinical Supervision 6 CE
- Participants will learn the importance and purpose of the Professional Codes of Ethics, Georgia Composite Board, CPCS, NAADAC and ACA in the supervisory process.
- Participants will gain insight on common dilemmas and challenges of the supervision process.
- Participants will learn/review and implement the steps of problem solving with workshop case studies using the professional codes of ethics for discussion.
- Participants will leave workshop with a risk management mindset for their supervisory process.
Building a Strong Foundation for Clinical Supervision 6CE
- Participants will gain insight on the definition of supervision and process as directed in the ACA, Georgia Composite Board and CPCS Professional Code of Ethics.
- Participates will learn the roles as well as the models of supervision, which can be utilized by supervisors during the supervisory process.
- Participants will learn the important of customizing their supervisory process that is most effective for supervisor, supervisee, and meets requirements of supervision and ensure wellbeing of supervisee’s client as directed by the Professional Code of Ethics. (Group activity)
- Participates will learn and gain insight on component, which are to be covered in the supervisory process.
Effective Methods and Models for Clinical Supervision 6CE
- Participants will be introduced to the major and key components the supervisory process
- Participants will learn the different models of supervision and selecting the best fit.
- Participants will gain insight guidelines of suggestion provided in the ACA code of Ethics Section F (F.d and F.9 Evaluation and Remediation), CPCS guides for supervisory process.
- Participants will learn methods, techniques and approaches of supervision
- Through group discussion and activity participant will observe the necessity in having congruency and set-plan of action for effective supervision.
Providing Supervision for High Risk and Core Agencies Supervisees 6 CE
- Participants will learn pertinent terminology associated with crisis interventions
- Participants will learn with understanding the professional vicarious liability involved in clinical supervision
- Participants will gain insight on a key component of crisis intervention during supervision as stated in the Georgia Composite Board, ACA, and CPCS code of ethics.
- Participants will learn role of supervisor during a crisis intervention and management steps in providing crisis intervention and brief treatment along with supervisee
- Participants will learn how to utilize crisis intervention as a teaching tool during clinical supervision with supervisees
Integrating the Chick-Fil-A mentality into the counseling profession through the Professional Codes of Ethics 5CE
- Participate will be refresh and gain insight on the purpose and importance of the Professional Codes of Ethics in the field of counseling.
- Participate will learn how adapting the Chick-Fil-A mentality will lend not only awareness but credibility to the counseling process.
- Participates will learn and understand the Chic-Fila mentality as it applies to the counseling process guided by Ethics.
- Participates will use the following codes of Ethics to assist during case study discussions: Georgia Composite Board of Ethics, LPCA, NASW, ACA and NAADAC Professional Code of Ethics.
- Participates will gain insight on the commonalities of the various codes of Ethics.
- Participates will have the opportunities to examine and discuss case studies in search of common grounds as it pertains to interpreting and applying the Professional Codes of Ethics.